I know it’s been a long time since I updated, so I wanted to share some new work I’m doing with food stylist John Kruusi. John and I teamed up a few years ago to start Crustcrumbs, a creative project to combine my photography and his food styling. In 2014, we hosted a Thanksgiving photoshoot for Stocksy that was a lot of fun and a huge success. This year, we’re happy to announce that we’ve officially partnered with Stocksy to produce exclusive food lifestyle content.
One of our first big photoshoots was an epic brunch scene. John made and styled a series of amazing dishes, and we shot 6 models enjoying the food. Here are just a few of the menu items:
- Oysters on sea salt with kimchi and green onion pieces and fried brioche
- Hot smoked trout with horseradish cream, pickled beets, and savory
- Roasted tomatoes on the vine with goat cheese rounds
- Grilled pork chops, roasted bone marrow, roasted Roma tomatoes, grilled maple sausage, and blood sausage
- Poached eggs with sautéed spinach, hollandaise and toasted bread
You can view the shoot on Stocksy. Here are some of my favourite images from the series.
Check out our growing portfolio of food and lifestyle stock images on Stocksy!